From Student to Teacher

Hi! My name is Brittany May, and I am an Elementary Education major at the College of William and Mary. This blog is all about my journey through education... the questions I have and the answers I find, as well as lessons learned along the way, in this never-ending learning process of being a student and becoming a teacher. Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tech Autobiography

One of the first things I learned in my Instructional Technology class is that I am definitely technologically-challenged! I had never heard of some of the things we've discussed, ("what's blogging, again?"), and I certainly never thought I would actually be using much of this technology. (surprise!)

The first time I remember using a computer was in 2nd grade for a math tutorial game. My teachers in school mostly gave projects involving Word documents or spreadsheets, but nothing like this class! At home, we got our first computer when I was in 5th grade. This extended my list of experience with technology from Number Munchers to using Encarta Encyclopedia and playing Solitaire.

I think most of my experience with technology came with the Internet. I can't imagine the world without e-mail, IM or iPods. I wouldn't survive! I'm hoping that some of this new technology I'm learning to use will become just as easy and second-nature. I must confess, though I felt somewhat (or maybe extremely) intimidated and reluctant at first, I am excited by the possibilities and eager to learn the ropes... I'm getting in touch with my inner geek. :)

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach said...

I love that! "Getting in touch with your inner geek!"

I look forward to reading more.

Sheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home